01 January 2009

Resolutions

Okay, so it's the a new year, which is usually associated with resolutions. I'm not the biggest fan of resolutions, since they usually seem a little forced. However, I happen to be hitting a new life season at the same time as this new year, so it actually makes sense to "resolve" a few things this time.

1. I resolve to live seasonally. I want to be keenly aware of what is going on in the natural world, and let the rest of my lifestyle reflect that in food, temperament, and activities.

2. I resolve to learn how to can food.

3. I resolve to get in touch with and embrace the dimensions of myself that have been most neglected (a.k.a. sexuality...eek!).

4. I resolve to not say or do things to myself that I wouldn't say or do to friends and family.

5. I resolve to be okay with taking up space

6. When it comes to emotional baggage, I resolve to be a light packer.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Wow, this is great! I love... all of them! Ok, how in the world do you can food yourself?? What does that mean? I also love how you will be ok with taking up space. So eloquently put!